VBM Diagramming the Processing
VBM - Vision Based Methodology™
Activity 7: Creating the Vision
Diagramming the Processing
Now it is time to turn the attention to the internal processing. This may be
in the form of developing the required batch processing flow for more
traditional solutions, or the internal "functional" flow for large PC
based solutions. In either situation, creating a visual representation of the
programs, sub-programs, and functions, and the conceived file and database
interactions for each is essential! The completed diagrams will enhance the
communication level within the team in the following ways:
- One more medium to provide a high level overall "vision" of an
extremely significant part of the system.
- Supplies a tangible document for discussion and review.
- Again, it gets the concept out of people's heads and on paper for the
entire team to utilize.
- It can be utilized very effectively by the program specification writers as
a "going in position".
- Assists in the initial identification of the "flat" files.
- Begins to integrate the interface files and databases into the system
- Provides a disciplined approach for identifying and documenting processing
data structures and elements.
- Increases the total confidence level of the team by demonstrating that a
viable design is indeed taking shape!
itmWEB Group LLC, Copyright © 2013, All Rights Reserved